3,000 street rods, customs, muscle cars and street machines will be on hand at the York Expo Center June 3, 4, & 5 as the National StreetRod Association® presents its 48th Annual Street Rod Nationals East.
This will be the 41st time the NSRA Street Rod Nationals East has been held in York and an all-time high number of participants and spectators are expected this year. Almost all of the York Expo Center will be utilized for the event as well as many of the buildings, which will house a large number of manufacturer and dealer displays and other attractions. Special attractions and Activities for 2022 include:
- Pinstripe Jamboree & Charity Auction, where pinstriping, airbrushing, and hand lettering artists from all around the United States will combine forces to raise the largest amount of money possible for Make-A-Wish. A piece of hand-created art can be yours, with all proceeds going to help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- The annual parade through downtown will take place Friday, June 3. Cars will leave the York Expo Center at 12 noon and drive through York along Market Street.
- The NSRA will offer the NSRA Autocross course again and will be open to all registered participants both Friday and Saturday, and offering free rides!
- A special display of custom vehicles built by some of the top builders in the United States will be on display in Memorial Hall all weekend. This Builders Showcase will be limited to 25 vehicles. This new display of vehicles is being sponsored by Classic Auto Mall of Morgantown, PA.
- New for 2022 the NSRA “Miss Memory Layne” Pinup Girl contest on Saturday in Memorial Hall. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristina at 302-278-0505.
SPECTATOR GATE HOURS:
Friday & Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
$19.00 – 13 YEARS AND OLDER / $6.00 – CHILDREN 6 THROUGH 12.
FREE – CHILDREN 5 AND UNDER WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
$40.00 – FAMILY – 2 ADULTS & 3 CHILDREN (12 YEARS AND YOUNGER).
A special discounted $17.00 admission is available for military personnel with proper military identification, NSRA members with their current membership card or anyone 60 years of age and older. One discounted admission per person.
The host organization, NSRA, defines a street rod as a modernized vintage vehicle that is of pre-1949 manufacture. These vehicles are equipped with the latest options available on the newest model vehicles, including but not limited to disc brakes, airconditioning, cruise control, and tilt steering wheel. Most of those attending have updated the engine and drive train to enable the owner to cruise down the highway in comfort and safely maintain the speeds traveled by more modern vehicles. Included in this event are muscle cars, those factory-produced high horsepower machines from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s along with the classic cars of the 50’s. This is a truly unique mix of old and new together at York Expo Center and a national gathering of fine vintage automobiles of every description. The NSRA Street RodNationals East is the area’s largest automotive participation event and spectators from around the area will attend the event.
The NSRA Street Rod Nationals East is an excellent event for spectators to attend and those who take the time to attend will be treated to the sights and sounds of some of the most beautiful, best-constructed vintage vehicles ever assembled in one place. One of the special attractions for the spectators is that they can walk right up to the vehicles and check each one out close up as they are not roped-off or otherwise confined. All are in the open and can be examined. It promises to be one of the biggest vintage car shows in the city’s recent history and we hope your exciting part of it.
Click here for more info.