EVERYONE is invited to attend Downtown York's June First Friday in Historically Edgy Downtown York on Friday, June 3, presented by WellSpan Health.
First Friday is a celebration of Downtown York, PA shops, restaurants, cultural venues and nightlife hot spots. From 5-9 p.m., downtown shops and restaurants host special events, offer refreshments and promotions, and sponsor live entertainment.
As you are enjoying the First Friday happenings with your family, we want you to share your photos:
Instagram: @Downtownyorkpa, #ffyork
- African American First Friday-Summer Series in Penn Park: All are welcome! Please bring positive energy ONLY and good vibes as we enjoy fellowship one to another! 100 W. College Ave. | York PA 17401, Time: 5:00 PM - 9: 00 PM.
- Historic Walking Tours: York County History Center will be offering walking tours of the historic murals around the area between Pershing and George Streets and a new architectural tour of Downtown York! Tours will be offered at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, and 8:00. Please meet at our sandwich board on Beaver St. and W. Clarke Ave at the start time of the tour.
- Jazz in the City- PERCUSSION BLOWOUT Featuring… Jose Canto Cruz Chris Loser Frank Shortino Jeff Stabley Mack White Louis Woodyard, Jr. Jazz in the City, a staple on First Fridays in downtown York, welcomes the summer months with its popular Percussion Blowout! This is the fifth time Jazz in the City has hosted such an array of instruments and talent. This audience favorite will feature bongos, congas, djembes, talking drums and even an African marimba. Percussionist Jeff Stabley, adjunct faculty and instructor of Jazz Studies, Percussion, and Improvisation at York College, leads as the Artistic Director of an ensemble of talented local and regional musicians eager to perform live for jazz fans of all ages. Whether you are a jazz aficionado, a casual listener, or have not yet been exposed to the art form, Jazz in the City is for you! Seating will be general admission, and tickets for Jazz in the City are only $10 in advance, $15 day of event, and are free for students, with student I.D.
- OPEN STAGE: PRIDE EDITION at the Appell Center for the Performing Arts, 5:30 - 7:30pm, Entrance at 26 West Philadelphia Street This free event is for youth and families to hang out right on the Strand Theatre stage! Come as you are for games, music, karaoke, photo booths and more.
- Gallery @227: "Elements of Us" - a photography and art show by Gretchen Nevin will open on Friday, June 3rd with a reception from 5-9pm. The exhibit will be on display through the end of June. Parking is available in our lot after 5pm, so start or end your First Friday night out at Gallery @227! 227 W. Market Street.
- Customer Appreciation Weekend at Revolt Style Studio: Join us in celebrating 6 years in Downtown York!
What's going on?
-HUGE $5/$10/$20 vintage sale (in store & online)
-$10 mystery grab bags ($25+ value, in store & online, while supplies last)
-tasty treats while you shop (while supplies last)
Parking is plentiful in Downtown York. There are 1,260 garage parking spaces and 350 on-street parking meters in our downtown area, and parking couldn’t be any easier for First Friday in Downtown York. On-street parking is free after 5pm and parking in one of the three downtown parking garages is free after 6:30pm. Click the links below for driving directions to the three parking garages:
Free parking is also available in the Royal Square District after 5pm at the following locations:
- Corner lot of E. Newton Ave and S. Duke Street
- E. King Street and S. Queen Street Lot (directly across from The Bond)
For more information on parking in Downtown York, click here.
For more information on First Friday and to stay up to date with all the fun activities happening in Downtown York be sure to visit downtownyorkpa.com