I made this slime with kids from ages 4 to 12 and they all loved the process and the results! It's super easy and pretty much fail-proof. Be sure you make enough for the adults to play as well... I tell you, it's addicting! If you are making this for more than one child, double the recipe. I have tripled the recipe with the same great results. And it's a perfect outside activity to do with lots of kids (think summertime and neighbor kids).
What you need:
- 4 cups shaving cream (we use some from a dollar store)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons saline solution (most stores have a generic/store brand and it works fine)
- 1/2 cup white washable glue (I buy it by the gallon for slime making purposes)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Food coloring
What you do:
- Put 4 cups of shaving cream into a bowl. (I don't really measure it. We squirt 4 "cup size" looking piles into the bowl and it works.)
- Add 1/2 cup of glue into the bowl with shaving cream.
- Add some food coloring. As much or as little as you'd like. The colors tend to come out pastels. Red makes a cotton candy pink. Red and yellow looks like a sunset or sunrise as it's being blended. Kids love this part!
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add 1 1/4 tablespoons of saline solution and mix it all in until it's well-blended. I like using a heavy duty wooden spoon, but anything will work. If it still seems sticky after some good mixing, squirt a little more saline solution into it and mix in. Once it's not too sticky, I let the kids start mixing it with their hands.
- Have fun!!!