This DIY Wind Chime project is a great addition to your backyard this spring. I love the final result and my boys and I have plans to make a few more of these for gifts.
What you need:
- Terra Cotta pots (we used three medium-sized ones and one smaller one)
- Jute cord
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brushes
What to do:
- Paint the Terra Cotta pots and let dry. This doesn't take too long.
- Cut off a long enough portion of jute cord for you to be able to hang all the pots. I cut off about a yard and that was more than enough.
- Thread the jute cord through the bottom pot (we used our smallest pot here) and tie a knot to hold it in place.
- Decide where you want the other pots placed so they overlap each other and either eyeball it or make a mark with a sharpie. Tie a knot in the jute cord & add a bead, and then add on the Terra Cotta pot. You need the bead or the knot will slip right through the hole.
- Continue until all the pots have been added and tie it off at the top so you can hang it in a special place on your porch or in your yard!